Catch Up Chronicles

Working full time, coaching, and going to grad school can really take a toll on your body. I tend to bite off more than I can chew and find myself feeling under the weather, or extremely behind on one or more aspects of my crammed schedule. This semester is no different.
Saturdays and Sundays are reserved for catching up on work and television shows. Each weekend, I take my place on the couch in my living room with my laptop in hand, and a long to do list in my notebook. Overly ambitious, but eager to catch myself up and relieve my anxieties, I set out to check off all the tasks on my list. Distractions are inevitable, but I do my best to keep them at bay. Sometimes, I can kill two birds with one stone, and watch a show while completing an assignment. Because this isn't the best way of doing things, I use episodes as a reward and motivator to complete assignments. Finally, Sunday night approaches, I throw in the towel and make a plan to complete any unfinished business in the days to come.

Vocabulary:tend used to describe what often happens

aspects - a part of something
semester - part of a school year
reserved - kept for use only during that time
ambitious - having desire to be successful
eager - very excited
relieve - to reduce or remove
inevitable - sure to happen
reward - something received for doing something else
motivator - gives a reason to do something

Skill: Idioms
Take a toll - to cause damage to
Bite off more than I can chew - to take on a task that is way too big
Feeling under the weather - feeling sick
Keep them at bay - keep something away
Kill two birds with one stone - complete two tasks at once
Throw in the towel - to quit

Video on Idioms 
Idioms Activity

Comments

  1. Isn't it fun how we all spend our weekends just catching up on work because there is not enough time in the day. This article for me is so personally relatable because I just moved out and have many more bills to pay, so homework gets pushed to the side when I have to work all hours of the day. Your blog had idioms in them and explained, which I found is so smart and eye-catching for the students to read and learn to put in their own vocabulary now. Your grammar activity is fun and has visuals the students will enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Dinner Dilemma

Forever Fishing

Carpool Karaoke